RECALIBRATION REQUIREMENTS FOR FIELD METERS WITH SEPARATE COMPONENTS
SPECTRO-UV ISO/IEC 17025:2017 CERTIFICATE
SPECTRO-UV ISO 9001:2015 CERTIFICATE
Meter = Sensor (eyes) + Readout Unit (brain)
One does not work without the other, therefore both parts must be calibrated together to have calibration stickers with same date provided – this is CRITICAL for auditors to ensure semi-annual or annual recalibrations are performed properly.
We only recalibrate sensors (single or dual) and then connect the readout unit to verify the microprocessor and software are functioning properly. Once both parts are performed each component will get stickers with same date reflecting appropriate part no. and serial no.
FOR ALL RECALIBRATIONS:
- Before shipping Meter for Recalibrations or Service, customers shall decontaminate all components (sensors, readout unit and all associated housings) as per Preventive Maintenance section of the Operator’s Manual for your meter.
- All Components shall be bagged to prevent further fluorescent recontamination within the carrying case. This process will shorten the recalibration lead time.
- If decontamination is not performed, Spectro-UV may reject meter or additional charges will be applied for decontamination service.
- All sensors and digital readout units must be returned together for the same calibration date to appear on all certificates and calibration stickers.
- Please indicate on your RMA document whether an annual or semi-annual calibration interval is required; if not specified Spectro-UV default will be semi-annual.
- Include with your shipment your Billing Address details, Delivery Address details and the RMA# we have provided to you.
- State clearly on your shipping documents that it is a “RECALIBRATION”. Any additional expenses in terms of customs duties and tariffs are to be paid by the Customer.
- On the shipping box, mark clearly RECALIBRATION and the RMA#.
SHIPPING FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
- All papers and boxes are to be clearly marked RETURNED AMERICAN GOODS.
- No returns will be made without the detailed instructions and necessary documents described in these Instructions.
- When it comes time for us to return and re-export to you, please spell out what documentation you need if more than an invoice.
OUR POLICY REGARDING RECALIBRATION
- Spectro-UV will evaluate the RECALIBRATION in a timely manner.
- If the product can be RECALIBRATED, Spectro-UV will email a Quote for services; if not, an email will be sent with a description of the issues, giving the customer an opportunity to respond.
- We request that our Customer contact us via email within a maximum of (10) ten business days to either approve or not approve the repair/service costs.
- Once approved, Spectro-UV will complete the RECALIBRATION in a timely manner.
Note: If a Proforma Invoice is issued, once payment is received, Spectro-UV will complete repairs. If our customer has payment terms, they will be invoiced accordingly.
If we have not heard anything from the customer within (6) six months, the goods will be destroyed and disposed of as we see fit.